Good Morning! We separated the main news from the world of Science and Technology for you to know everything that happened last Thursday (29). To check each news item in full, just click on the links below.
1. WhatsApp Pay should start operating in November, says Cielo. The Cielo executive’s expectation was revealed at a press conference, but he cannot say whether the launch will take place before or after the PIX.
2. Blair Witch and Ghostbusters are Epic’s next free games. The titles will be available this Thursday (29) at the Epic Games Store; check details.
3. Telecine opens the signal for all operators from 29/10. The six Telecine channels will be available from October 29 to November 2.
4. Minister Ricardo Salles is banned from Twitter after offending Rodrigo Maia. Minister of the Environment replied a criticism of the Mayor with ‘Nhonho’, a mean nickname about his appearance.
5. High release of methane in the Arctic has begun, warn scientists. Gas could become a new player in accelerating global warming.
6. Artificial intelligence turns internet users into zombies. ‘Zombifying’ tool is an AI with opposing generative network technology (GAN) that appeared on Reddit for Halloween.
7. PS5: Demon’s Souls wins video gameplay with boss fight; check out. Demon’s Souls wins gameplay with boss fight, in addition to MANY details about the remake.
8. Volkswagen ID.3 battery dies with car stopped for 2 days. Reports of users with the same problem started appearing on social networks; Volkswagen has yet to comment on the case.
9. “CPMF Digital” is dead, according to Paulo Guedes. Tax on digital transactions that the minister calls “digitax” is not supported by Congress or the presidency.
10. Is Tenet worth the risk of going to the cinema? (critical). Christopher Nolan’s new film opens in Brazilian cinemas after being postponed due to the covid-19 pandemic.